Summer 2018 – Key Stage 4 Results
Progress 8 tells us how well students at Buckler’s Mead Academy have progressed between the end of primary school and the end of secondary school, compared to students in other schools who got similar results at Key Stage 2. This is based on results in up to 8 qualifications, which include English, Maths, 3 qualifications including sciences, computer science, history, geography and languages, and 3 other additional approved qualifications.
Key stage 4 (end of secondary school) results
You must publish the following details from your school’s most recent key stage 4 results:
- Percentage of pupils who got a Strong pass (grade 5 or above) in English and Maths 21% (23%)
- Percentage of pupils achieving the English Baccalaureate
- Entering EBacc – 20% (21%)
- EBacc Average Point Score 3.16 (3.36)
- Percentage of pupils who got a Standard pass (grade 4 or above) in English and Maths 44% (48%)
- Achieving EBacc (grade 4) – 7% (8%)
- Achieving EBacc (grade 5) – 4% (5%)
- Student ‘destinations’ (the percentage of students who continue in education or training, or move on to employment at the end of 16 to 19 study) 93% (Academy data 96.5%)
*Published figures include students who may be on roll but who may not have attended Bucklers Mead Academy, due to reasons such as them requiring specialist school due to medical reasons. The figures in BOLD are the schools own figures with these students removed.
We recognise that the data may be challenging to understand and we are always happy to discuss things in more detail with parents. We are an open and honest school, proud of the progress we have made and always working on further improvements.
FOR FURTHER CLARIFICATION ON WHAT PROGRESS 8 MEANS PLEASE CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK more about Progress 8
Parents can see a video explaining this in more detail by looking on the Performance Tables website Schools Performance Tables